Grassed Waterways

The Grassed Waterways Program is designed to prevent and repair erosion on waterways within the district. This is not meant to construct new on farm drainage.

The primary purpose of the grassed waterway is to prevent erosion of the waterway. In doing this the program is also protecting the quality of the water. The grassed waterway also provides an excellent source of wildlife habitat and a forage crop that the landowner can harvest.

The SRRCD will pay to reshape the waterway to reduce gully erosion and to seed the waterway to forage. The SRRCD will pay for 75% to a maximum of $3000 of the total project cost with the landowner(s) contributing the remaining 25%. In-kind contributions may be considered as the landowners contribution.

Grassed Waterway Application*

*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view these PDF files. If you don’t already have it installed, you can download it here.